The Cessna 650 FSTD is a Full Flight Simulator equipped with a six-degrees of freedom full motion hydraulic system. This device is primarily used for the initial and recurrent training of professional pilots operating on the business jet Cessna Citation III/VI/VII series.
THE CESSNA CITATION 650
The Cessna Citation 650 is a family of medium-sized, high performance business jets comprising of the Citation III, VI and VII. This aircraft is certified as "multi-pilot aeroplane", therefore it requires both a Captain and a Copilot at the controls, has a range in excess of 4100km, a cruising speed of 875km/h and a capacity of 8 passengers in a club-seating arrangement.
The aircraft is equipped with two turbofan Garrett TFE 731-3B engines.
Over 360 aircraft of this family of aircraft were produced and delivered of which 202 in the Citation III variant and 158 in the Citation VI/VII variant.
FULL MOTION SYSTEM
The full-motion system (6 degrees of freedom) allows a reproduction of movements, accelerations and decelerations almost identical to those perceived in a real flight. This allows the highest level of fidelity and realism in all training scenarios.
ADVANCED VISUAL SYSTEM
This device underwent a major visual system upgrade in 2019. The new visual system features an "RSi Visuals" image generator and LED projectors. This visual system is compliant with the highest "Level D" certification standards and features the following characteristics:
- Collimated projection
- 5 000 000+ polygons visible at 60Hz
- 1 000 000+ light points at 60Hz
- Over 500 airports available of which 12 "custom"
- Variable levels of rain, snow, hail with droplet, puddles and reflections
- Multiple storm fronts, fog, lightning effects, winter scenes, volcanic ash clouds
- High level of immersion with extensive ground clutter, moving traffic, 3D enhanced textures, lighting, shadows, reflection and more
- Smoke generator
- Custom airports: LIML, EBBR, LIMC, LFPB, LFPO, LMML, LGMK, LFMN, LOWI, LIRA, LIMF, EHAM, LEBL, EKCH, LIEO, LIMJ, LOWS, LSZH (other generic airports also available).
- Low Visibility Take Off (125m)
- CAT II Approaches
- Windshear profiles
- Weather radar
This simulator may be used only with Aviomar Flight Academy Instructors or Operators. The simulator is available for both DRY and WET lease.