The course is aimed at holders of a TRI(A) and/or SFI(A) certificate wishing to renew or revalidate it's validity.
The course is approved in accordance with Commission Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 "Aircrew" and applicable AMC/GM and satisfies one of the requirements for the revalidation or renewal of instructional certificates in accordance with FCL.940.TRI TRI - Revalidation and renewal e and FCL.940.SFI SFI - Revalidation and renewal.
The objective of the course is to update applicants on different aspects of instructional competences including:
- Applicable EU aviation regulation
- Teaching Techniques
- Principles of lesson plan preparation
- Integration of Threat and Error Management (TEM) in technical training
- Evaluation and outcome reporting of performance.
METHOD OF CONDUCT
In order to adapt the course to the levels of competence and experience of participants, the tutor will facilitate interactions between particpants. Where a practical element of training on FSTD is required, "role played" exercises are conducted.
The course may be conducted in either English or Italian language. Please notify your language preference in advance.
- - CPL or ATPL (A) licence with valid type rating (TRI only)
- TRI and/or SFI (A) certificate (valid or expired).
- For the revalidation of a TRI/SFI certificate, the course comprises of a one-day ground course.
- For the renewal of a TRI/SFI certificate, the one-day ground course will be integrated with additional training as specified by the Aircrew Regulation. The specifications of the additional training will be defined with the applicant based on the experience and requirements.
Ground training is normally conducted within our ATO premises. On request, we can arrange different locations and dates.
The Assessment of Competence required by FCL.935 can be arranged on request, either connected or not to the course itself.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information you may require.