Training, theoretical and practical, to obtain a Type Rating, which allows the candidate to fly as a Captain or a Co-Pilot on the following types of aircraft of the Airbus Family:
- Familiarisation training on the different variants
Candidates for this course benefit of the credits permitted by EASA OSD A320 "Cross Crew Qualification".
The course is conducted exclusively by Instructor/Examiner Captains (TRI/TRE) with extensive experience in airlines on these aircraft.
- Hold a valid CPL/IR-ME (with ATPL Theory) or higher
- Valid 1st class medical check
- Valid type rating on A330/A350, A340 or A380 (defined base type rating)
- Minimum experience of at least 3 months and 150 flight hours on the base type rating.
50 hours of theoretical training with Airbus CBT and instructor support
15 hours of classroom training (Performance calculation & Flight Planning).
3 training sessions (4 hours each) on simulator FFS A320. The sessions become 4 in case the base type rating is the A380.
1 check session on simulator FFS A320 (Licence Skill Test)
6 take-offs and 6 landings on the aircraft (4/4 for pilots with at least 500 flight hours on MPA of similar dimensions and performance)